Petroleum Equipment Service Technician
Double M Pump, LLC, is seeking full-time Petroleum Service Technicians for the Midland and Abilene areas.
Petroleum Service Technicians work independently or as part of a team to install, start-up, and repair mechanical, electronic, and computer systems at fueling facilities.
- Troubleshoot, perform repairs, and do preventative maintenance on fuel dispensers and related equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain Point of Sale (POS) equipment.
- Monitor and be accountable for accuracy of parts inventory on service truck, including, but not limited to, transfers of parts to appropriate jobs and to other service techs as applicable, along with returns of parts to warehouse.
- Analyze electronic and mechanical problems and provide repair as required.
- Install, program, and test new equipment.
- Perform meter calibrations.
- Communicate with customers and explain technical issues to non-technical people.
- Present yourself professionally as a representative of Double M Pump and be prompt when making service calls.
- Accurately and legibly fill out all paperwork associated with service calls.
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Ability to pass drug test and background check
- Ability to pass post-offer physical
- Mechanical aptitude that one can demonstrate
- Diagnostic skills that one can demonstrate
- Knowledge of AC and DC circuitry
- Understanding of electronic logic and circuitry
- Understanding of electrical loads, relays, motors, and capacitors
- Proficiency in computer operating systems, software, and hardware
- Strong safety record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Availability to work 40+ hours a week
- Availability for weekend call and for overnight travel
- Physical fitness – possess ability to climb ladders, stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, be in confined spaces, and lift 100 pounds.
- Ability to work outside during all types of weather and to work under time constraints efficiently.
- Ability to work well with others, coworkers and clients alike, and to be articulate about processes and details.
- Possessing a professional, polite demeanor with strong customer service skills and a clean and neat appearance.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the petroleum equipment industry and will have certifications from manufacturers such as Wayne, Veeder-Root, VeriFone, Gilbarco, Fuel Master, etc. Training will be provided for otherwise qualified individuals without certifications.
- Salary for experienced and/or certified Petroleum Equipment Service Technician will be commensurate with experience and ability.
- Group health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Company truck and basic tools provided
Qualified candidates should send resume with contact information and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.